Is it time to recharge, refuel and finally rejuvenate? Thriving Through ACTION’s warm yoga will do just that. The classes are offered in my home studio in Horseshoe Valley at 53 Fairway Court. This spacious studio holds 12 people comfortably and has heated floors and a fireplace, giving the space a “warm” comfortable feeling.
A wide variety of classes are offered including Vinyasa Flow, Happy Hips Deep Stretch, Gentle Flow, Stretch and Flow, Restorative, 50 Plus Yoga, Yin/Yan and Power Vinyasa Flow. Class descriptions can be found below.
Usually, yoga classes run through 5 week sessions that include both registration classes and drop-in classes. The season usually runs from October until March on a full schedule. However, in April and May there will be a reduced schedule. The May reduced schedule is show below.
**Note – should you have a group of 6 or more people who want would like a yoga session for an event, girls night or celebration of any type, please let me know and I would be happy to accommodate your request with an alternate time/date.
COMING SOON: NEW STUDIO – FALL 2019
Thriving Through ACTION is very excited to announce a brand new Commercial Hot/Warm Yoga Studio and Wellness Centre will be opening at the intersection of Horseshoe Valley Road and Line 4 across from the park in Fall 20019. Stay tuned for more details of this new addition to Horseshoe Valley.
MAY DROP IN SIGN UP CLICK HERE
MAY SPECIALITY CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS
“Deep Tissue Release” Class (2hrs)
- Sunday May 27th from 6pm – 8pm (all levels)
- Details: This class includes YIN (deep stretch) coupled with yoga tune up balls and restorative postures. The main focus will be on deep tissue release and relaxation preparing you for a restful sleep. Most of the class will be spent lying or seated on our mats. It’s the perfect class after a long weekend of an active lifestyle.
- Cost $20 (payment confirms your spot, non-refundable as space limited)
- Register CLICK HERE
“Thrive and Explore” Workshop (3 hrs)
- Monday May 28th from 6pm – 9pm (intermediate or appropriate for those that have come to the Power Flow Monday class and felt comfortable)
- Details: 1 hr Sequence Flow, 1 hr inversions/alignment/wall practice and guidance, 1 hr yoga tune up balls, Yin and Restorative
- Cost $40 (Space Limited to 9 People)
- Registration CLICK HERE
May 2018 SESSION
PLEASE NOTE: Usually the yoga runs in 5 week sessions with both registration classes and drop-ins. The season runs from October to March on a full schedule. In April/May it is a reduced schedule on drop-in basis only.
DROP-IN ONLY classes show up on the Drop-In Schedule and can be seen using the link for DROP-IN SIGN UP below or above. Drop-In schedule shows all classes (yoga, spin, upper body sculpt and speciality classes)
For drop-ins, just simply sign your name on this live google doc under the date/time you want. There is a 48 cancellation policy on any drop-ins.
The information about location, class descriptions and cost is found below.
Date: April 2018
Cost: $12 per class
Location: 53 Fairway Court
Registration for 5 week session: Not required for May’s Reduced Schedule (only drop-ins)
Drop-In Schedule Sign Up: Click Here
Class Descriptions: Please see below
Instructor: Virginia Gingras (Yoga Alliance Certified 200hr)
The following are some speciality classes offered over the season. Inquire today via email.
- Mother/Child Yoga: ($15 for the pair)
- Child Yoga (12 and under): ($10 for child and incorporates breathing techniques and movement to release tension and stress)
- 50 Plus Yoga: (Calm, thoughtful introduction to asanas with mindful awareness of the 50 plus body using props, massages, bolsters/straps and blocks with soothing music)
- Baby and Me Yoga: Bring your baby and combine bonding time with a deep stretch and release.
The studio is located in my home at 53 Fairway Court. It holds 12 people comfortably and has heated floors as well as a fireplace giving the space warmth. See you on your mats soon!
Flow and Stretch: A 60 minute yoga class designed to have a deep, slow, thoughtful pace for the stretch portion of class along with breathing focus. This is followed with a flow sequence that introduces foundational postures, emphasizes key alignment and energizes the body. A basic flow will be interwoven with various asanas that will help to enhance flexibility and calm the mind. This well balanced class will strengthen, stretch and rejuvenate your body in a pace that suits your needs. This class is suitable for all levels.
Restorative: This 60 minute class is designed specifically for you to slow down and refresh after a busy day. The focus of the class is around BEING instead of doing. This restorative class will use props to support the body in positions of ease and comfort to facilitate relaxation and health. Most postures will be on the mats, using the floor as another supportive tool. Each asana (pose) will be held for about 5 minutes (with little use of your muscles as the props will be positioned in a way for your body to totally relax). This will allow your body to release tension and with the help of gently guided breathing, you will be able to manipulate your nervous system in such a way that it will calm and soften.
Vinyasa Flow: Using creative sun salutation sequencing, this 75 minute class moves you from one posture to another seamlessly using your breath. During this practice you will create heat and rejuvenate from the inside out. Various postures including standing, seated, inversions and balancing will be explored coupled with a deep stretch at the end of class. This is an all levels class with a focus on alignment whereby beginners will safely learn the basics while more experienced students can take postures to a deeper level.
Vinaysa POWER Flow: This strong 75 minute powerful flow class energizes, rejuvenates and provides you with a vigorous approach to finding a connection from within by connecting breath to movement. A series of asana flows coupled with sun salutations leaves you refreshed and transformed. During this energetic class you will breathe, balance, strengthen, twist, invert, stretch and go deep within your core. Although there is a strong powerful flow section, the class begins and ends with deep stretches, providing a whole body breath yoga experience. This class is suitable for those familiar with the Vinyasa Flow class and are keen for more.
Happy Hips Deep Stretch: This 60 minute class is designed specifically with your hips in mind. Following a Hatha/Vinyasa style class, the postures are designed to open, align and relax your hips. Runners, athletes or people who stay in one position for long periods of time will especially benefit from this sequencing. A combination of YIN and Yan postures will be used to move, stretch and relax those tight areas, benefiting not only your hips but your back as well. The class is designed to move and stretch the hips in all 6 directions that they naturally move/stretch using a series of asanas stretches, breath and movement will be used to relieve and rejuvenate the hips. This is an all levels class.
Yin/Yan: This 60 minute peaceful quiet class uses long passive holds for deep stretches that go into your connective tissues (joints, bones, cartilage, ligaments, tendons) to help improve your overall mobility and range of motion. Using your breath and various props to find the correct alignment coupled with a gentle encouragement to relax your body, the force of gravity will be used to assist you with your stretch. This practice of advanced awareness calms the nervous system and your mind while supporting and preserving joint bone and connective tissue health. Although this class is mostly YIN based, there will be a few Yan postures used at times to compliment the overall practice. This class is suitable for all levels.
50 Plus Yoga: This 60 minute class is designed specifically for those with an experienced body/mind of 50 years plus. Using carefully selected asanas (postures), proper alignment cues, modifications and awareness of any aches/pains, the class will focus on working on improving flexibility and strength at a safe pace that suits you individually. Bolsters, the wall. blocks and other prop items will be used to help with proper alignment. Focus will be on releasing the hips and reducing tension throughout our bodies while working on finding calm and peace within our hearts/minds.
- During the 5 week sessions, there are no make up classes unless of extreme situations (family emergency) or work related situations discussed in advance
- Prior to the 5 week session beginning, if you know in advance that you will be away or working I can accommodate the situation as long as it is before the session begins and the class is not FULL. For example, if you are away one week and the session class is not full then we can arrange payment for the remainder classes – not a problem and I am happy to do this.
- Last minute changes of schedules, children sick and so forth will not have make up classes once the session begins. With over 100 people coming through my doors, it is very difficult to manage all requests and unfair for me to pick and choose what is acceptable.
- If you do have a make up class that was discussed and agreed to in advance, it must be used during the 5 week session and not put towards a future 5 week session
- For all drop-in classes, there is a 48 hr cancellation policy. If you cancels within 48hrs of the class, you will be charged for the class.