Trail Running Class
Tired of running/walking on the road? Not a “runner” but want to be?
Join us on an adventure in the woods to sweat out the stress of everyday life and be surrounded by nature, fresh air and great company! If you have never tried trail running or are looking for others to run the trails with, this is the class for you. NO EXPERIENCE trail running needed and open to ALL levels. As long as you can run a minimum of 3km (with a few walks in between), this class is for you! Are you able to run more then that? The class is still for you. We break up into groups and navigate our way through the woods using maps, each other and of course shear determination. Quite often, we walk the hills as it gives you an entirely different workout on your legs. Don’t fret – we will show you!
BEGINNERS and LIGHT runners WELCOME and ENCOURAGED!
FALL TRAIL RUNNING SESSION:
WE are back for a fall session and ready for an adventure! New this fall is a morning class for those able to get up and get it done early!
Classes: A. Monday 9:30 am – 10:30 am Sept 11th – October 10th (5 weeks) (NEW)
B. Thursday 6pm – 7pm Sept 14th, 2017 – October 12th, 2017 (5 weeks)
Location: Horseshoe Valley Area (various locations)
Format: 40 minute walk/jog then 15 minute core/stretch
Bring: water, running sneakers and yoga mat
Instructors: Virginia Gingras and Andrea Quinn
Register: Click Here
Cost: $40 for the 5 week session (one class per week)
- 3 – 7 km trail running loops on various single track terrain, building each week
- Two groups: Group A (walk/jog – plus walk all hills) and Group B (jog – walking all hills).
- Main focus will be on learning the trails, being outside, sweating to our comfort level and ENJOYING it (yes – we promise you will enjoy – not torture).
- Every 2 weeks we will do a different trail and participants will receive a map of all 3 trails/routes completed over the 5 week session
- As long as you can jog for 20 minutes (with occasional walking) – this class is for you!
- Focus is on social runs and learning trails – not speed. In the trails, there are many points where we will walk due to the changing terrain allowing us to regroup.
- You will need regular running sneakers, water, a watch, yoga mat and a positive attitude.