Fall Trail Running 2018
Tired of running/walking on the road? Want to learn and explore some amazing trails in our area?
Join us on an adventure in the woods to sweat out the stress of everyday life and be surrounded by nature, fresh air and great company! If you have never tried trail running or are looking for others to run the trails with, this is the class for you.
As long as you can run/walk a minimum of 3km (walks in between is fine) on the road, this is a perfect fit. Are you able to run more then that? The class is still for you. Worried about your speed? Not to worry – all speeds/levels welcome. We break up into three groups and navigate our way through the woods using each other and of course shear determination. Quite often, we walk the hills as it gives you an entirely different workout on your legs. Don’t fret – we will show you! You do not need to be a speed “runner” to be part of this group. Stop thinking – just come! Our goal is to enjoy – not to accomplish.
Your level and your energy you have on that given day dictate how much you want to push with the key goal of learning to ENJOY running not feel torture.BEGINNERS to the trails and LIGHT runners WELCOME and ENCOURAGED!
FALL 2018 TRAIL RUNNING SESSION:
We are back for the fall trail session and ready for an adventure! Continued from last fall is a morning class for those able to get it done earlier (space limited).
- Monday 9:20 am – 10:20 am Sept 10th – October 15th (6 weeks with exception of Tuesday for Thanksgiving weekend)
- Tuesday 6:00pm – 7:00pm Sept 11th – October 15th (6weeks)
- SPECIALITY END OF SUMMER ADVENTURE RUN – Tuesday, August 28th 6pm – 7:15pm (one time event for any past trail runners who took our course that would like to have an adventure from 5th Line all the way to 7th line through Sugar Bush woods – about 7.5km run/walk for intermediates. Cost $10)
LOCATION: Horseshoe Valley Area (various locations)
- 40 minute walk/jog then 15 minute core/stretch
- Three groups: Group A (walk/jog – plus walk all hills), Group B (jog – walking all hills) & Group C (advanced group – running the entire trail and longer distance)
BRING: water and yoga mat
REGISTER: Click Here
COST: $50 for 6 week session (one class per week). Please bring cash to first class in an envelope with name and waiver.
WAIVER: Please print, sign and bring with you to first class. WAIVER
- 2.5 – 7 km trail running loops on various single track terrain, building each week
- Three groups: Group A (walk/jog – plus walk all hills) and Group B (jog – walking all hills) Group C (advanced group – running the entire trail and longer distance)
- Main focus will be on learning the trails, being outside, sweating to our comfort level and ENJOYING it (yes – we promise you will enjoy – not torture).
- Every week we will do a different trail and participants will receive a map of all trails/routes completed over the 6 week session
- As long as you can jog for 20 minutes (with occasional walking) – this class is for you!
- Focus is on social runs and learning trails – not speed. In the trails, there are many points where we will walk due to the changing terrain allowing us to regroup.
- You will need regular running sneakers, water, a watch, yoga mat and a positive attitude.